Saturday, February 9, 2008

Silent Suppositions

(Unless you're reading aloud, of course.)

Hello everyone! It's been a whole week since I last updated. Wow, time flies!

Steve Lightle came and spoke to us about Prophetic Intercession on Monday (all day) and Tuesday (in the morning). He didn't really teach us much about prayer specifically, but he did share many experiences from his own life. It was fascinating to hear about how throughout his life God has been training him to trust in small ways so that the foundations would be in place for bigger trust-required situations later. I really enjoyed just hanging around and listening!

The next big thing that came up was the Silent retreat from the early afternoon on Wednesday until this morning. It was both easy and hard. Thankfully, I didn't have much trouble staying quiet. It also helped that Greg and I got to take an hour or so to go for a walk and talk about things just before lunch on Thursday. I ended up reading a lot of scripture, although I had to watch that I didn't let scripture reading become a distraction from praying and listening to God! In the end the hardest part for me was praying so sincerely for things I felt to be immediate concerns, and then not having God answer them right away. I was getting frustrated at the time, but taking the afternoon and evening off now I've come to really let the truth settle in. God's timing isn't my timing, and while I would love for certain things to happen now and be done, it's better for my character and His plans that they happen later. So, yeah, I'm still learning so much! I'm sure this will all slot into place someday....

Tomorrow we're going to have a team-building activity. Nobody really knows what's going on, although we have a few secret suspicions! *maniacal laugh* We just know the event on our calendars is labeled "The Fest '08" so we'll see what happens!

Then on Sunday, Team Peru is going to Roxy's church in Chilliwack. We'll do a quick little intro of ourselves so that they know who they're praying for. Too bad we can't afford to fly us all over to NCA for a weekend! That would be awesome. I know I'd love to see you all again for a few days. Canada, why are you so big?

Anyway, I'll see if I can get a quick update again tomorrow along with some pictures from The Fest '08! See you guys later.

2 comments:

David Toews said...

Yikes! I guess it is Saturday for you guys! My computer is on Ontario/Peru time and my watch is on BC time, so it's still just 10pm here. What's it like being in the future, you guys? Can you give me any tips? Maybe you can send me the results of a major sporting event before it runs over here so that I can predict it and get rich.... Oh, Back to the Future! You have taught me well.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave!

It looks like you are having one crazy time there!! Have fun all the best and I can't wait to hear about the next part of your journey.

Jillian