Saturday, February 23, 2008

Countdown!

**Note** I got my final flight information, so I updated the second paragraph to contain the correct information instead of making a new post. Just letting you know so you won't be confused!

Hello everyone!

This week has gone so fast! We attended amazing sessions on both spiritual authority and holistic ministry. Lots more to think about, but at least there's only one more week in which I'll have to cram things into my mind! This week we're going to learn about cross-cultural communication, culture shock, and get some introductions on how to teach ESL. I'm very interested to find out what will be involved in the ESL teaching, but I don't think I'll get the full flavour of what things will be like until I get to Peru and start teaching!

Just one week left now! Next Saturday night we have our commissioning service at 7pm. Then we (Team Peru!) leave the MARK Centre at some disgustingly early hour on Sunday morning to drive 3 hours to the Seattle airport. We have an 8am flight from Seattle arriving in Houston at 2pm. Then we have a flight from Houston leaving at 4pm, arriving in Lima at 11:30pm Sunday evening. Then Greg said that it takes about an hour to drive to the church, where we'll get a quick tour before being shown our beds. So, it's going to be a long day!

Thank you all so much for your prayers so far, especially this week with my hand.
It continues to improve, but I'm a little nervous still about taking the stitches out next Tuesday. Please pray that our traveling will go well and that our luggage won't get lost! The Japan team leaves first thing on Monday the 3rd, so please be in prayer for them as well.

Most importantly, please pray that God will work in the hearts of those we will meet in Peru! Ask that he will prepare their hearts so that we can guide them to Jesus. It kind of goes along with a speaker we heard a while ago - that a group as large as the prayer supporters of our TREK team can certainly pray for more than health and luggage! So please ask God for some big things to happen in Peru! Not necessarily because of our influence, but things in which we can relate Jesus to the Peruvians in a direct and personal way. Our prayers and faith can become a powerful force in the world when we join together.

Thanks again, everyone. I'll talk to you again later!

No comments: