Hello everyone!
Just wanted to give a quick update tonight. I was carrying a flower pot during work duties today, a big, heavy one that was kind of splintering apart. I was losing my grip, so I shoved my left hand underneath to steady it, but once I put the pot down, that hand felt funny. I looked at it, and it had a big shard of the pot sticking out of it. It started bleeding, but thankfully Sarah and her friend were close by and told me what to do (they are both nurses). Joanna and Lisa took me to the hospital, where I received 10 stitches. I was cut on the muscle below my thumb, so my fingers are still working fine, but I do miss my opposable digit already. The doctor who sewed me up said that I was lucky and the cut only penetrated the skin and not the more important things underneath. My thumb muscle is still a little sore, and the cut is pretty frozen still, but I'll see how I feel in the morning.
So, if my emails are short this week, I've got a good excuse! The stitches will be out in a week, so I'm hoping to be back in working order before we go to Peru. I'll get a good picture of it once I get the stitches out so you can congratulate me for my war wound! Just give me some time to come up with a better story first...
Talk to you guys later!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment