Friday, February 1, 2008

By Popular Demand

So, I've been informed that I don't post enough. *cough*Micah*cough* Oh boy, that cold is back. How come it only shows up when I have to post to you crazy people back at home? Anyways, here's an update on my week.

This week has been pretty awesome! Lots of big big topics in a row - so many in fact that we got to sleep in this morning! Yay! All week we've had 5 really really passionate guys come and speak to us about a variety of things that were very challenging. Things like leadership, our identity in Christ, and relinquishing our rights. Powerful. We have a free weekend now, and I'm sure I could spend the whole thing meditating on the stuff I've learned this week. And even then, I'd probably be only scratching the surface.

I got a funny little program for my computer yesterday too, so I can start to learn some Spanish! I'll try to spend some significant time in the future working on that too. It would be awesome to be able to join the community in Lima as a speaking member, even if it's very limited. It really makes such a difference in people minds if you're willing to honour them and speak their native language. Greg and I tried to play the little game that came with it - you're a traveller who's been accused of stealing a diamond and you have to clear your name! It's hilarious, and it makes so much noise in the CD drive on this computer. I hope I didn't wake anyone up with it!

I'm glad that a bunch of you have been emailing me since I posted my address earlier this week. Please continue! I love hearing about what's going on with you guys.

This week coming up is going to be packed as well. We're spending 4 sessions in 26 hours on prophetic intercession, followed on Wednesday with a morning of prayer. Then Wednesday afternoon we start our silent retreat! No talking and no sound - only reading our journals and our Bibles, for a full 44 hours or so. I'm not sure how it's going to turn out. It could be brutal, or amazing. I'll just have to wait and see! Please pray that I would be able to hear God's voice clearly, and that it would be a time to hear directly from Him without any distractions.

Oh, and because of that I probably won't be able to answer emails from Tuesday night until Friday night, but I'm sure you guys will survive without word from me for a few days. And no bugging me through my teammates! *cough*Micah*cough* Or maybe do it some more. It could lead to some fun observations about us crazy Ontarians. Do as you will.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! It worked!
Thanks Dave, I thought it was pretty funny too :D