Monday, January 28, 2008

Foreign Food Week

Hello everyone!

Just a quick update today, nothing huge happening here since the announcement of teams. But we did get to go to Missionsfest in Vancouver on Saturday! It was really cool to take a look at all the booths and see all the different ministries that are going on. I also got to attend some seminars, including a really fascinating one about learning the language of the host country. It was really cool to hear first-hand stories about how knowing the local language really communicates a deep sense of love, and also some tips about what is good to know and try when actually learning a foreign language. I was very impressed! It got me very motivated to learn Spanish, although I've got no idea where to start. I'm sure I'll figure something out this week.

Now this week, we're having foreign foods week! Every night for supper, we're having food from a different country. Tonight we started with Egyptian, tomorrow is Mexican, Wednesday is Thai, then the last two days are possibly East-Indian and Peruvian, although we're not sure yet. We're getting lots of practice eating everything on our plates so that we don't offend anyone once we arrive! Especially now that we've got Luke telling us stories about the food he just had in Ethiopia. Good once or twice, but a whole week?

Anyway, that's it for now. You guys probably love not having to read so much, eh? Oh, and remember - you can email me at david.toews@gmail.com anytime you want. I check it pretty much everyday, but not at any specific time. Have fun this week and I'll talk to you again soon!

No comments: