Hello everyone!
Yes, it's true! I'm going to the city of Lima in Peru for my assignment phase, starting in March. I've got a great team going with me, too!

This is the Peru Team! The girl in the back is our team leader, Sarah. Then the people in line from left to right are: Breanne, Laura, Roxy, Lisa, and me (surprisingly? I hope not so surprisingly)! I think we've got a great team, and I'm excited for what's in store for us in Peru. But we've got a long time yet to get to know each other and to grow as a team.

As you can see, we had some fun taking team pictures! Then right away we went to get vaccinations. *cough* That was fun. *cough* Actually, it turned out pretty good. Nobody had to get more than 2 shots, only a few needed prescriptions, and I didn't need anything! Dr. Kelada-Sedra prepared me well before I left (thanks so much!). In the end, the doctor was a really nice guy and didn't even charge me the consulting fee, since I wasn't getting anything.
We're going to be writing a newsletter later this week, as well as sending out some prayer cards for you guys. Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know!
Oh, and just in case you're curious....

This is the Japan team! Starting at the left and going clockwise: Darlene, Brianna, Simone, Amber, Amber-Lee, and team leader Joanna. I'm sure they're going to have an awesome time too!
Thanks so much for praying for the team decisions. Just taking some time to think about how things worked out, I'm feeling greatly encouraged! Greg, TREK intern and my mentor out here, went to Peru for the 8 month TREK last year, and so he's been able to share a lot with me about what to expect. He says it's pretty hard to find nuts out there, which will be nice. For me, anyway. And Sarah's a nurse, just in case anything goes wrong. I'm sure she'll be happy to stab me in a few months, anyway! *cough*
Hmmmm, lots of coughing today. I'll try to take it easy during Team Time tonight. Talk to you guys soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment