Saturday, February 16, 2008

Love and War

Hello everyone!

It's hard to believe it has already been a week since the Fest! Not so much that a week has gone by, but it's making me really nervous that we leave just 2 weeks from tomorrow! Ack! What do I all still have to get ready?! The answer to that question is still "lots", but I'm sure we'll get it all done in time.

This week was pretty awesome. We heard sessions on conflict, money, and suffering. They were awesome sessions with plenty to think about. I was actually happy to hear them, and they were very hopeful. The fact is that not-so-pleasant things are going to happen, but we can learn a lot if we allow ourselves to learn instead of trying to hide or run away. So yeah, the speakers this week were great!

And on Valentine's day we helped out with the Fraser Valley Gleaners in the morning. We took the dried vegetables and made packages of soup to be sent to developing countries. It was neat to work at a group at that, but I was getting pretty allergic by the end because of all the veggie-dust in the air. Then in the afternoon, we did some random acts of kindness. We went to the other side of Abbotsford, to a park, and handed out flowers and candy to everyone we could find walking around. Lots of people's days were brightened and it was neat to see their happiness!

This coming week we have a number of sessions on spiritual authority with Randy Friesen, which is pretty exciting! I'm looking forward to hearing what he has to say. Then, as I mentioned at the beginning, we have to get packing. It's hard to believe that training is 3/4 over!

I sent some newsletters to you guys the other day! So hopefully you'll be getting them, with a prayer card too, in the next few days. But if you're reading the blog, it has way more information than the newsletter anyway (It was short and sweet, only 1 page). Anyway, have a great week everyone! Talk to you later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fraser Valley Gleaners.... sweet!
I spent a week at the Okanagan Gleaners. Good times. Do you know they're starting one up in Ontario (Ontario Christian Gleaners) as a result of my group's trip there? Now that you're experienced, you can continue your volunteer work once you come home ;)