Saturday, June 7, 2008

Things are moving quickly!

Hello everyone!

Wow, things are moving so incredibly fast these days. In ten days we will be back in Canada, and in three weeks I´ll be back home in St. Catharines! Yikes, where did the last five months go?

We had a really good week here in Lima. We visited the famous fountain park on Sunday night! You can watch that video for a bit of the show, but there were lots of fountains that aren´t in the video. It´s hard to appreciate how tall those jets of water are going into the air. There must be incredible pressure under the ground in those pipes. I was quite impressed!

On Wednesday we visited the zoo and saw all kinds of animals! Llamas (We actually saw 3 of the 4 kinds of llamas. Llamas, alpacas, and vicuñas, but there were no guanacos that I could make out.), condors, leopards, pumas, various smaller wild cats, sloths, sea lions (which are actually sea wolves in spanish - lobos del mar), and a whole lot more. We also saw very wide range of different monkeys. In fact, the zoo has it´s very own monkey island, which is surrounded by a small moat. The monkeys run free on the island, and we´ve heard that every once in a while one will escape! I got a little allergic from the fur by the time we got back, but it was worth it.

A few of us are battling colds and other sicknesses, so we would greatly appreciate prayer for our health this week. Flying down here with a cold was no fun at all, and I would really hate to do it on the way back too. Also please join us in prayer as we get ready to hand our work back to the local people and missionaries. We want the work we´ve been doing to be sustainable without us once we leave! It´s hard to think about not teaching English or working with the youth every week, but it´s a reality that is right around the corner - like it or not.

I´ve got a little more news on the home front, too. Steven has officially been accepted to Okanagan College in Kelowna, so our move there is set in stone now! My parents have a townhouse in Abbotsford all set to receive them in July. They have sold our house without even having to put up a sign! The sale is now only conditional on our buyers selling their house too. Finally, my family will officially driving out of town in the moving truck on July 5th, exactly one week after I fly back into town. It´s going to be an interesting situation dealing with so much change while going through reverse culture shock, but I think I´m ready. We´ll see how I feel in a month!

I´ll see you guys in a few weeks!

No comments: