Hello everyone!
Our trip up to northern Peru went very well. We saw many wonderful things and met a lot of great people! I think we visited eight different churches in all: in Trujillo, in the Miraflores and El Indio districts of Piura, in Sullana, and several other small church plants. We ran childrens programs, youth programs, we performed our drime in several church services, and we celebrated Mother's Day in three different churches! It's hard to explain what it was like since we did so many things in such a short time. I'll have to show you pictures once I get copies from everyone's cameras!
Now we've been back for almost two weeks. We've fit back into our schedule and we all apreciate being able to see our friends again. We had a fun time on Sunday night as well - we attended an English Bible study run around the corner from our house by a couple from Florida! It was fun to visit with them and see their perspective after living in Peru for four years. Many of the students from our English classes at this church were there also, so we saw a good mix of new and familiar faces!
This Saturday we are going to be visiting a church in Huycan, about two hours away by bus. We are going to perform our drime one more time, and help with a childrens program the church is planning. It's going to be a busy weekend!
Events are passing quickly, and it's hard to believe that we've got less than three weeks left in Lima before we return to Abbotsford. It will be strange to leave what has become normal life over the last few months, but I am excited to learn about the experiences of the Japan team, and to hear what the TREK staff have to say about processing all the things I'm learning.
Now, I've got some more news on top of all that. I will be coming home to St. Catharines on June 28th. However, I won't be staying long. My Mom has accepted a position working at MBMSI (the missions agency that has sent me here) in Abbotsford, starting on July 15th. My brother, Steven, is planning to attend Okanagan College in Kelowna. I am planning on getting a job in Kelowna and living with Steven while he goes to college. I'm really excited to spend this time with my brother! Due to all of these events solidifying so quickly, I will only be able to spend between one and two weeks in St. Catharines before I will be moving with my family to BC. I hope to see you all before I leave!
Please pray at this time for the Fall TREK teams (Germany, Mexico, Panama, Thailand, and Burkina Faso) as they return to Canada for debreifing. In fact, Germany and Burkina Faso will be recieving ACTION teams in a few weeks as well. Please pray also for the Winter TREK teams (Peru and Japan) as our time in our respective countries comes to a close, so that we can bring an awesome conclusion to our time here. Please also pray for my family in this time of rapid change. Thank you so much for being faithful and supportive for these last five months!
Talk to you later!
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, my name's Jillian and I was one of the fall TREKers on team Thailand. Somehow I started looking at links to winter TREKers blogs, and was reading a bit about what you experienced doing TREK. Thanks for remembering our TREK group when you updated your supporters. I hope re-entry is going well for you!
Post a Comment