In behind the church where we are helping, there's a small 3-story home where we all live. The girls are all in one room on the bottom floor, across the hall from Jackie, a woman who helps with many things around the church. The second floor is where the pastor's family lives, and Gustavo and I have a room together on the third floor. There is a nice sized balcony outside my room where we sometimes do team activities, and the above picture is the view from that balcony.
Here is our team in downtown Lima, outside the federal government buildings for Peru! The new additions to the group in this picture are two girls from the English classes we are teaching. On the far left is Leslie, and in the middle is Marina.
The Pacific Ocean is separated from Lima by a tall cliff, which we are standing on in this picture.
This is me with my "Moses staff" trying to part the Pacific. Somehow, it turned out to be a little more stubborn than the Red Sea. That stick was the perfect height for me, though, so I took it with me for the rest of the day!
Here are two guys from the English class who came with us to the ocean. In order there's Roxy, me, Martin, and Carlos. They're great guys and speak English very well already, but are very excited to practice whenever they can.
This week we also visited a variety of markets around Lima, a Museum on the Inquisition, and a Franciscan Monastery which had some pretty creepy catacombs beneath it with all these actual human bones piled up or laid out in intricate designs. Pretty crazy stuff!
Anyways, time for some supper and our second English class to teach! I hope you're all having fun at home in all the snow (I've recieved some reports from St. Catharines). Let's just say I'm glad it's been in the high 20's C all week. Talk to you later!
1 comment:
Hi David,
Looks very exciting, and the weather sure beats our 3 feet of snow. Your dad had to help Alvin and I shovel out your grandpa's driveway. Even with the snowblower it took 2 hours.
We enjoy reading your blog.
Louise, Alvin, Jackie
Post a Comment