Hello everyone!
I can hardly believe that I've been here for over a week already! Time doesn't seem to pass any faster than usual until you look back! We've been going to different places in the neighbourhood, and solidifying our knowledge of this area of Lima. We take walks, or go hang out in the nearby parks.
On Saturday night we helped out with the youth group here at the church! Jano gave a message, and then we were in charge of the games. We played "4 on the couch" first, despite the lack of couches. We ended up using 4 blue chairs to be the couch, while the rest were white. It was a pretty close game, but in the end the girls won. We were gentlemen about it - after all, they did have an advantage in numbers from the start! After that we played "fruit basket" with Spanish names, but also with a few English ones thrown in for good measure. Things got a little crazy, especially if someone yelled "ensalada fruita!" and we all had to switch seats! At one point, my chair decided it didn't like me and shot out from underneath. It went right across the courtyard and I had to chase after it! In the end, things weren't violent enough so we started some games of Dutch Blitz and Spoons.
At the end of next week, we are going to be helping out with their youth retreat for a few days! They will be living in the church with us from Wednesday night until Friday morning, while we will be participating in sessions and playing games. Then on Friday afternoon we are going to walk down to a clean beach and go swimming in the ocean! It's going to be quite the event, so please pray with us that God will touch the lives of these young Peruvians.
This Sunday we attended our first service at Comunidad RETO Internacional Lima. Roughly translated it means, international community for total reconciliation in Lima. The name shows the congregation's commitment to be reconciled with God, each other, and their neighbours. The service was entirely in Spanish, so I only got bits and pieces, but I was excited that Carlos came to join us! He's the one on the far right in the picture in my last post. He'd never been to church before, so it was awesome to have him participating with us!
Mondays will probably be our days of rest, since the weekends at the church can get so busy. I signed up on Facebook (yes, finally) this Monday, and haven't been online since! Once I get a picture up it will be easier to identify my account, but feel free to search me out.
That's all the time I've got tonight, sorry to cut you off but I've got an early morning tomorrow! Talk to you again later.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My sister was already bragging to me that she is facebook friends with you.
Post a Comment