Sunday, December 9, 2007

Support Letter

Hello family and friends!

I'm excited to let you know that I have been accepted into the TREK program with MBMS International! I will be involved with the Winter 2008 semester, travelling to either Japan or Peru. I will be gone for a total of 6 months from Jan. 6th until June 30th. Of that time, I will spend 8 weeks training in Abbotsford, BC, followed by 15 weeks on assignment in the host country, and finally 2 more weeks in Abbotsford for debriefing. I will find out my final destination approximately 2 weeks after my arrival in Abbotsford on Jan. 6th (around Jan. 20th).

God has blessed me financially in that I am completely covered at this time! Any donations I receive that are greater than what I need will be used within TREK. So, if you would like to donate to TREK, I have forms that you can fill out and send with your donation to make sure you get a tax receipt for your generosity.

In light of this, the support I am most eager to secure from you in this letter is prayer support. I am nervous about my allergies as well as the difficulties of adjusting to a foreign culture. I am fully expecting this experience to be uncomfortable in the extreme, but I also think that I will learn far more than I would in a comfortable situation. Specific prayer requests that I have at the moment are:
- that I will be effective in the duties I am given both in training and on assignment.
- that I will be able to coordinate with the cooks both in Abbotsford and the assignment country so that I may remain healthy.
- and, last but not least, that my relationship with Jesus will deepen, and that I will learn to depend on Him for all my needs.

If you would like to see what I'm up to, you can email me at david.toews@gmail.com anytime. However, most of my updates will not be mass-emails to you, but posts at http://davidtoews.blogspot.com/ which is my new blog. I am able to post messages and pictures, and you are able to comment back to me. If you want to find out more about TREK or MBMS International, you can check out their website at http://www.mbmsi.org/visit/trek.

Thank you very much for your prayers and support.
David Toews

No comments: